The Serenity Prayer is admired and prayed by those who seek to find an inner peace in the face of life's difficult challenges. Here, Philip St. Romain gives the complete prayer new meaning by reflecting on the meditative words and how they can help us truly surrender our life to God's care. In each short chapter, St. Romain provides a meditation on one of the principles from the prayer and proposes specific ways to implement the principle it embodies. Then, through reflection questions, he helps us address our situations -- facing up to our shortcomings and dealing with our issues.
- 1996, Liguori Publications. 86 pages.
1. God grant me the serenity
2. To accept the things I cannot change;
3. Courage to change the things I can;
4. And the wisdom to know the difference.
5. Living one day at a time;
6. Enjoying one moment at a time;
7. Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
8. Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
9. Trusting that He will make all things right
10. if I surrender to His Will;
11. That I may be reasonably happy in this life
12. And supremely happy with Him Forever.